Jenson loved racing since he was young, he liked racing BMX bikes as a child and then started kart racing at the Clay Pigeon Raceway when he turned 8 years old. At the age of 9 he won the British Super Prix.
He went on to have a very successful start as a kart racer and was the youngest person ever to win the European Super A Championship. At the age of 18 he then moved onto car racing and won multiple races including the British Formula Ford Championship and the Formula Ford Festival at Brands Hatch. In 1999 Jenson entered the British Formula 3 Championship, finishing as top rookie drive in 3rd place. At the end of the year he became a member of the Williams Formula 1 team making him Britain's youngest ever Formula 1 driver.
He has since moved clubs several times. He has been a driver for: Williams, Benetton, Renault, BAR, Honda, Brawn GP and McLaren. He joined McLaren in 2010 and is still with them now however he recently announced he will step down from his face seat in 2017 with the option of him returning as a race driver in 2018.
Best Dressed Moments
- He has 3 tattoos.
- He competes in triathlons and does mountain biking and body boarding.
- In 2014 married model Jessica Michibata and they divorced just a year later in 2015.
- This year he is dating model Brittny Ward.
- He failed his first driving test.
- He is an ambassador for the brand Head and Shoulders.
- Jenson used to call his dad Papa Smurf.